David Forbes - Apprenticeship Adviser
Apprenticeships Adviser for Victoria
Level 2, Racing Victoria Centre
400 Epsom Road
Flemington Victoria 3031
Contact: 03 9376 8037 - 0427 665 946 - firstname.lastname@example.org
David joined Rural Skills Australia four years ago as a National Industry Career Specialist for the agrifood sector, and he has now been appointed as an Apprenticeship Adviser for Victoria, based in Melbourne. Before joining RSA David was with the Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council for seven years working on training package related projects. Prior to this he was with an Australian Apprenticeship Centre.
David was raised on a sheep/wheat farm in central Victoria and he has worked in employment and training throughout his career. Growing up on a sheep/wheat farm gave him the passion and empathy for farmers. He has a particular interest in developing training and career opportunities for young people in regional and rural areas. He now makes his considerable expertise available to assist Australia's agriculture and horticulture industries.
ONTrack - animated CD Rom
Careers in Australian Agriculture (animated resource)
We have prepared a more extensive cross section of links here to the website of national and state organisations. They include industry, careers and training, employment and vocational education.
Role of Apprenticeship Advisers
- Provide Australia-wide coverage to support school leavers and potential employers of agricultural and horticultural Australian Apprenticeships
- Customise high quality information and supporting resources for potential Australian Apprenticeships and employers looking for an apprentice
- Provide industry specific information about the agricultural and horticultural industries to help potential Australian Apprentices to make informed career choices
- Provide accurate, balanced and up-to-date industry specific information to potential apprentices, school leavers and agricultural and horticultural employers, through a variety of communication mediums, including the Internet, face-to-face, print, electronic, web streaming and web portal pathways
- Provide Australia-wide access through the 1800 free call hotline
- Arrange personalised follow-up support and assistance to schools, career advisers and VET coordinators
- Attend forums and career expos
- Arrange and manage a personal development day in partnership with schools, career advisers, agriculture teachers and VET coordinators in several states and regions
- Undertake visits with key school industry liaison officers