Queensland Apprenticeship Advisers
Terri Henry - Southern Queensland
Contact: 0418 421 587 - email@example.com
Terri was appointed as the Apprenticeships Adviser for Southern Queensland in June 2012. She has considerable experience within education, employment and community organisations, having worked within vocational and educational training for the past 12 years.
Terri has a family background in farming and is looking forward to assisting young people explore the exciting, challenging and rewarding careers that exist within the agricultural and horticultural industries.
Naomi Chapman - Northern Queensland
Contact: 0417 795 079 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Naomi is the Apprenticeships Adviser for Northern Queensland based in Townsville. Naomi has been working within the vocational education and training sector for the past two years and has gained experience with RTO’s, Group Training and Australian Apprenticeship Centres. Naomi has participated in local events, such as Smart Futures for North Queensland, student career days and open days.
Prior to undertaking this role with Rural Skills Australia, Naomi was a workplace trainer and assessor for a local RTO, providing support and advice to apprentices of all ages and trade areas; specialising in the engineering and automotive sectors. Her work has included training plan development and delivery strategies.
Naomi says she is very pleased to be working with RSA and communities in north Queensland to develop pathways and career opportunities, and she welcomes anyone wishing to explore training opportunities to contact her.
ONTrack - animated CD Rom
Careers in Australian Agriculture (animated resource)
We have prepared a more extensive cross section of links here to the website of national and state organisations. They include industry, careers and training, employment and vocational education.
Role of Apprenticeship Advisers
- Provide Australia-wide coverage to support school leavers and potential employers of agricultural and horticultural Australian Apprenticeships
- Customise high quality information and supporting resources for potential Australian Apprenticeships and employers looking for an apprentice
- Provide industry specific information about the agricultural and horticultural industries to help potential Australian Apprentices to make informed career choices
- Provide accurate, balanced and up-to-date industry specific information to potential apprentices, school leavers and agricultural and horticultural employers, through a variety of communication mediums, including the Internet, face-to-face, print, electronic, web streaming and web portal pathways
- Provide Australia-wide access through the 1800 free call hotline
- Arrange personalised follow-up support and assistance to schools, career advisers and VET coordinators
- Attend forums and career expos
- Arrange and manage a personal development day in partnership with schools, career advisers, agriculture teachers and VET coordinators in several states and regions
- Undertake visits with key school industry liaison officers