Jess Ridley - Apprenticeship Adviser
Contact: 0417 792 613 - firstname.lastname@example.org
100th Royal Canberra Show
Jess attended the 100th Royal Canberra Show in February to talk with school students and teachers competing in the agriculture section. She was particularly pleased to speak to Jan Young, the agriculture teacher from Murrumburrah High School. Jan’s students were competing in the school cattle parader's competition. The students ensured their cattle were ready to parade and displayed a high level of confidence in cattle handling.
Image: Four winners - Patrick Gaudie, Josh Manwarring and sisters, Taylah and Cara Phillis.
The students took pride in their animals and were grateful for the time and effort that Jan put into agriculture and preparing the cattle and enabling them to compete. Murrumburrah High had a very successful day taking out three classes in cattle parading. In the final judging four students from Murrumburrah High took out four places in the event, including champion and reserve champion. A great effort by Murrumburrah High School.Jess is the Apprenticeship Adviser for the ACT and Southern NSW based in Canberra.
In 2010 Jess completed her Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and joined Defence Housing Australia as a Sales Officer and Training Officer for the Consultants.
Jess comes from a family farming background in NSW and says she is very pleased to be working with RSA and assisting communities in the ACT and Southern NSW to develop pathways and career opportunities. Jess welcomes anyone wishing to explore training opportunities to contact her.
ONTrack - animated CD Rom
Careers in Australian Agriculture (animated resource)
We have prepared a more extensive cross section of links here to the website of national and state organisations. They include industry, careers and training, employment and vocational education.
Role of Apprenticeship Advisers
- Provide Australia-wide coverage to support school leavers and potential employers of agricultural and horticultural Australian Apprenticeships
- Customise high quality information and supporting resources for potential Australian Apprenticeships and employers looking for an apprentice
- Provide industry specific information about the agricultural and horticultural industries to help potential Australian Apprentices to make informed career choices
- Provide accurate, balanced and up-to-date industry specific information to potential apprentices, school leavers and agricultural and horticultural employers, through a variety of communication mediums, including the Internet, face-to-face, print, electronic, web streaming and web portal pathways
- Provide Australia-wide access through the 1800 free call hotline
- Arrange personalised follow-up support and assistance to schools, career advisers and VET coordinators
- Attend forums and career expos
- Arrange and manage a personal development day in partnership with schools, career advisers, agriculture teachers and VET coordinators in several states and regions
- Undertake visits with key school industry liaison officers